Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Recovery

New things are stressful...in good and bad ways!!  Some of you mentioned you wanted a report on the great adventure of showing in my first street festival.  Whew!  Talk about a steep learning curve.  I have been making lists of "to do overs" ever since we unpacked the last painting and put away the tent.  The good side of course, was the great support of folks who came by and gave positive feedback on all my efforts.  The big surprise was how physically taxing the event can be...made no doubt worse by the nerves of a first-timer.  But it was a positive experience and one I will certainly do again...already thinking about the art that needs to be planned and painted for next year.  Shortly I will have all the 2012 pieces on my website and can begin thinking about my next phase.
No new art this week...I am in a "wrap up" mode with two more sales this month: one a neighborhood craft bazaar and the second for our Pieces of 8 Holiday Show and Sale.  Both hopefully will help clear out space for new ideas, new projects and new energy.  Right now is a great time to "make an offer" with your favorite artist if you have admired a piece throughout the year and she/he still has it. 
Sometimes an artist will accept payments or even discount work if the buyer is sincere.  So if there is something that sticks in your memory or has nagged you a bit don't hesitate to contact the painter and make them an offer...knowing someone loves a piece and offers it a good home is a plus in my book!

So back with holiday thoughts, good wishes and maybe a drawing or two next week.  Meanwhile, buy locally, think artistically, and share art generously.  All good things while planning your holiday gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your big step! I remember my first show though it was years ago. It makes me chuckle to see how far I've come since then. You're moving forward and there's no telling how far you'll go so long as you keep working!

    And by work, I only mean fun... Is painting ever work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan - my list for making it much better next year is already made! Jumping in over my head seems to be my learning m.o.! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.