Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Day is Done, Gone the Sun

Sometimes rest is good.  I finished up several pieces this week and while the photo-gods were not with me I do want to share them.  Actually I have learned that using a particular additive I was experimenting with (resin-gel) causes a huge glare when I photograph the work, even out of direct sun.  Looks like I will be changing my photo process and, once again, adding to the many side tasks one needs to master simply to paint and share artwork!  Until that time comes enjoy these pieces and know that the glare is not really there!


Aspen Trail
24 x 18  oil
from a photo taken by my cousin Tom Willis, thanks Tom 
for sharing your talent


Far and Away
24 x 30   oil


 Rivers Bend
24 x 18 oil



Trail Edge
24 x 18   oil

I'm headed to the framers and then off to a play retreat with my Florida painting gang, the Pieces of 8.  We usually spend 4-5 days each fall out of town together laughing, sharing stories and eating....we do squeeze in some painting but that's the excuse we use for heading out, not really the reason!

Catch up soon.
Colorfully yours,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.