Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, February 27, 2015

Flying Free: Biking in Fantasy Colors



Not long ago I told you this was (to be) a painting of my sister flying down a hill on her bicycle.
We had a dangerous childhood: we actually never wore (never mind heard of) a bike helmet!!  To this day we admit to loving the wind flying free through our hair while biking.  She confessed recently that it had to be one of her favorite "guilty pleasures" as well as the way she cleared her mind and restored her soul.  Since I clear my mind by swooshing and mooshing around in color I decided to paint a tribute to both activities.  Above was the start done with acrylics and a credit card.



 Here are two details and the finished piece.  Fantasy of course but a very true story!  Where do you go to clear your mind and restore your inner peace?  Is your mini-vacay in one color or many?


This is crooked and the color may be a tad off, but it is a 12 x 12 piece done on cradled board and framed in a black shadow box with an edge inside.  If you would like to see a better photograph just email me and I can get one to you.

Colorfully Yours,
Cindy

1 comment:

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.