Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, February 13, 2015

Socks for Book Lovers

Socks? for book lovers? in an art blog?  Thought I'd give you a giggle this morning by sharing a gift I received from a very clever friend.  Carmen Beecher, artist, author and all round great gal, is a lover of books.  Look what she presented me with recently:



SOCKS! (the old mary janes are mine).  Not just any old, throw 'em on socks but "banned book" socks.  Now these take some thinking to wear.  On the left foot below are all the titles of books that have been banned at some point in the United States ( To Kill a Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, Tom Sawyer, The Invisible Man, etc.etc.)

On the Right foot, shown below, the books are crossed off the list, banned from public consumption. Cute aren't they? And yes, some folks have done a double take thinking I inadvertently have mixed up my pairs.  Did you figure out why I was told they are right and left specific??


Check out Carmen's website and her blog. She has recently published the story of her growing up days in Dundee, FL.  Titled "Crackers and Oranges," it's about a slice of old Florida that has not changed much to this day.

And for added color I share with you what I'll be working on this week:



Yes, that's a painting of my sister riding her bike!  Stay tuned as they say...there is much more to come!

Fondly yours,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.