Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, July 31, 2015

An Invitation or "Accepting the Challenge"

Be Careful What You Wish For...Sometimes You Get It!!

About a year ago the manager of the Crossnore Fine Arts Gallery approached me about doing a solo exhibition.  "Yes!" I shouted, before responding firmly,"No."  "I'd love to,"I amended quickly, and then stuttered, "but...but...but."  "But what?" Heidi asked.  "You'll do great."  Deal closed.

What a loving show of confidence this woman displayed.  I have cherished every minute of preparation: research, painting, experimenting; and if for some reason the exhibit were never to take place I have still had the most adventurous year of work from which I have learned an enormous amount.  (Like never turn down a challenge.)

Here is my official invite to you:



If you are in this neck of the woods, please join us.  I think you will find the exhibit a little different from some because, well, you know: I like words almost as much as I love color. So I have created some narratives to accompany the journey towards sanctuary and a few interactive, non-2D pieces.
  
You may find an expression that mirrors your own definition of sanctuary.  And if not, at least you'll have an excuse to go out to dinner after a glass of wine with me and my friends.  

Thanks for your continuing support,
Appreciatively yours,
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. My heart is so sad that I'm not up there to celebrate this with you. I know it's going to be the BEST show of the year. Have gobs of fun, dear friend! Always there in spirit.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spirit will be there...and in several pieces as well! Photos and stories to come....we will raise a glass in your honor.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.